The Elifar Foundation
The Elifar Foundation, that awards grants to fund equipment for disabled children and young adults up to the age of 28.
We have recently been awarded some money which we must spend on residents of Wandsworth and Lambeth. It is a small pot of up to £25,000 a year for the next 3 years. We are a national charity and cannot predict where our applications will come from. Therefore I wanted to raise our profile with people in the borough to encourage a few more applications.
I'd be grateful if you could either pass this on to any relevant colleagues or let me know if there is a better way to reach families who may need extra funding.
Please note that all applications will go through our normal process. All the relevant details are on our application form.
Who can apply and what they will fund is set out in full their Application Form, attached below: but it is, essentially -
“We will consider applications by, or on behalf of, individual children or young adults with any form of physical or learning disability.
We can only accept applications for consideration from UK – based individuals.
We regret that we cannot help with funding for groups, schools, organisations or other charities.
Applications we can help with: Examples of some of the items we fund:
- Manual and powered wheelchairs
- Other mobility aids
- Specialised seating and car seats
- Specialised beds and sleep systems
- Specialised trikes
- Specialised holidays
- Sensory toys and equipment, room padding
- Communication aids, specialised software
Applications we cannot help with:
- Items or work for which there is Statutory Funding
- Building or garden works
- Ordinary computers/ laptops/ iPads
- Ordinary domestic items (e.g. furniture, flooring, white goods, clothing)
- Ordinary or family holidays
- Mobility scooters
- Goods already purchased, for deposits paid, or goods already on order
- Where it is deemed that the beneficiary or the beneficiary's family are capable of providing the equipment from their own resources.”