Welcome to The Livity School, I am Carol Argent , Head Teacher. The Livity School is a primary school for children with severe learning difficulties, PMLD, ASD and complex medical needs.
‘Livity’ is a new word which essentially means ‘Living Life Positively'. The school aims to help all pupils to build self-esteem and confidence thus promoting their maximum achievement. This will enable them to gain the skills necessary to learn and to develop their full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
We believe that:
- All children have a right to education
- All children have a right to be accessed
- All children have a right to be included
- All children have a right to integration
- All children have a right to be acknowledged and treated with respect
This school educates pupils with:-
- Pupils with Severe Cognition and Learning Difficulties
- Pupils with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Pupils with Complex Medical Needs
As well as Severe Cognition and Learning Difficulties, many pupils have Additional Disabilities including:-
- Sensory Impairments
- Autism / Communication and Interaction Difficulties
- Physical Disabilities
- Other Medical Needs
- Any Associated Behavioural needs are addressed by the school in a positive way
Pupils are grouped in classes according to age and within the Foundation Stage/Key Stages 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum. Each class has a teacher and teaching assistants. The school day for the children is from 8.55am until 3.30pm.
To view the current 2013 Ofsted report on the official site click here
It is very important for Parents to share their views about the school before an Ofsted inspection. Please visit the Ofsted Parent View website. click here